Thursday, May 28, 2009

Watch Out! There Small, Very Small.



They seem smaller to me this year than any other year that I can remember. Those dreaded little scary things called "TICKS"! It's probably just me being scared to find one on my body, yet when I do, I want it off now! You have surely read, received an email or heard it from someone telling you the right way to remove a tick. So I decided to go to the CDC website and see if there was a page describing the correct way to remove a tick. Here is what I found. Remember, this is what the CDC website has and it is available to the public. This is not me telling you how to remove a tick. It is the CDC and can be found by going to their website http://www.cdc.gov/ and typing in "Tick Removal.



Tick Removal

Remove a tick from your skin as soon as you notice it. Use fine-tipped tweezers to firmly grasp the tick very close to your skin. With a steady motion, pull the tick’s body away from your skin. Then clean your skin with soap and warm water. Throw the dead tick away with your household trash.
Avoid crushing the tick’s body. Do not be alarmed if the tick’s mouthparts remain in the skin. Once the mouthparts are removed from the rest of the tick, it can no longer transmit the Lyme disease bacteria. If you accidentally crush the tick, clean your skin with soap and warm water or alcohol.
Don’t use petroleum jelly, a hot match, nail polish, or other products to remove a tick.

No comments:

Post a Comment