Tuesday, May 19, 2009

LOOK UP!

Just a Thought. When was the last time that you stopped to look up at the sky? I used to do that allot when I was a boy. Funny how we get so busy that we often forget the simple things. Like;

  • Being able to get out of bed
  • Being able to use a bathroom
  • Feed ourselves
  • Talk & walk
  • Have our memory.
  • And finally, look up at the sky.

The sky has many thing in it besides just clouds. Look sometime. You may see a bird, dust, snow, rain, sun, lighting and so on and on and yes a cloud.

I remember when the sky had no planes. As a habit, I use to go outside and count how many jets I could see at one time. Usually there were an average of seven any where I was at.

Then September 11, 2001 happened. I was about to undergo surgery to remove my gallbladder in Crittenden Hospital when a nurse came into the room and said, "have you seen what has happened in New York"? No I had not at that time, yet I was glued to my T.V. the rest of the days following. I do remember that night of 9/11 going outside and looking up toward the heavens and I vividly remember seeing no lights flashing from any planes. That is a memory I will never forget if God allows me to keep my memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment