Saturday, June 27, 2009

Death Of A Man

You would almost have to be a hermit if you haven't heard about the death of Micheal Jackson this week. For me the tragedy is not because the world lost such a great gift and talent, it is because he was a person like you and me and the eye's of the public mourn the death of a singer.

I remember when I was a kid, (I believe it was 1971 or 1972) that I heard Micheal sing Rock-in- Robin on our A.M. radio. He and singer Donny Osmond were battling it out for the top pop spot.
He was good at what he did on stage and in the record studio. He had a great talent that God can only give.

What has upset me the most is that I hear so many people that merely miss the talent more than the man. He came in to this world like we all have come, by the birth of a mother and he died like we all will also die. Some will and most won't die under the same circumstances as Micheal did. Yet we all must die. The most troubling thing about all this is that I nor anyone else has the right to judge his soul. That right only belongs to God!

We all (to some degree) live in glass house's and we shouldn't throw stones in a glass house. I feel many times we rush to judgement without knowing the big picture of someones life. The woman taken in the act of adultery was brought before Jesus and the religious people of that day, (notice I did not say the born again believers but religious) asked what should happen to her? Jesus simply knelled down and began writing on the ground. What he wrote the bible doesn't tell us yet it was very powerful because they all left except Jesus and the woman.

What we need to do is love one another as Jesus taught us too. That doesn't mean we have to love each others ways yet we have to love their soul. We have the chance every day to help someone. I truly believe that! Maybe it's not a celebrity like Micheal Jackson but the one standing at the checkout line or the one we talk to on the phone that day. Countless opportunities come our way every single day.

Maybe, just maybe we can reach out a little more and judge a little less. I think I will leave the judging to our Creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment