Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Bye Jodie!

Jodie Meeks has decided to go pro. Where he will be drafted is just a matter of need at the time he's needed.

Meeks was one of the few bright spots this past season for the Kentucky Wildcats. “I just feel relieved that it’s over,” Meeks said of his decision. “I gave it a lot of thought. I played really well in the workouts and I got a lot of feedback.” as reported by By Jerry Tipton of the McClatchy-Tribune News Service.


I think this is really a good thing for both Jodie and the Wildcats. Coming back after such a personal great year for Meeks, probably would have been difficult. He was the go to guy for a team that was lack luster at best. With the highly recruited class of freshmen and transfers coming, Meeks as a senior would have to learn a new offense with a coach that is looking on building a program.

Meeks was a pro anyway last year. He just didn't get the benefits and the pay.


That's how I feel anyway. If you would like to comment, I will post it if you leave your name and give me the "OK" to do so and wish to opine to the other readers.
Send comments to: greggorytw@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment