Monday, July 27, 2009

Around The Corner

While in the garage tonight, I recalled a time in my life starting in January of of this year.


I was sitting at the same computer that I'm at now, about to order a generator when about half way through the order, the electricity went "Total Blackout"!

Do you remember? The dreaded ice storm of 09.


After I shook off the shock of that memory, I began to compile a impromptu list in my head of things I need if it happens again. I believe I have most of the items to get us through another week or so of a terrible shortage of electricity and water.

My List:


  1. A working generator

  2. Water

  3. Fuel

  4. Cooler

  5. Non-perishable food

  6. Candles

  7. Matches

  8. Any Medication's

  9. Cell phone charger W/ extra battery

  10. Good extension cords

  11. And of course, heat. Kerosene or propane.

I can remember talking to my neighbor, Kurt Beavers and we both made the same statement. NEXT YEAR I WILL BE PREPARED!

Guess what? It is next year and I'm not prepared like I should be. I believe I will put that on my wife's "Honey Do List". For me of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment